Lord’s cricket ground is located in St John’s wood, London and is popularly known as the Lord’s. It was established in 1814 by Thomas Lord’s. Currently it is the most famous cricket ground in the world and is known as “Home of cricket”. It is the home ground of county club Middlesex and is owned by MCC (Marylebone Cricket Club). Lord’s cricket ground has world’s oldest sports museum the MCC museum. It has a sitting capacity of 28,000 people. One of the stands that evidently shows up from the ground is its media centre; it is famous for its structure made with aluminum. The center stand is 15 meters high from the ground and supported by two lift shafts. International and county cricket, both are played at the ground. People from across the world come here to witness the Test matches and One day international cricket matches. Four day county matches, one day matches and domestic T20 matches are also played at the ground. The ground has seen more than one hundred test matches. It was also used for Archery competition for London Olympics in 2012.
What tube station near the Lord’s cricket ground?
St John’s Wood station of London Tube is the closest to Lord’s. It is only 500 meters from the ground and can be reached in 6 minutes via Wellington road; time may vary on the match days as the streets are crowded for the ground entry. Bus number 13, 82, 113, N13, and N113 take only 8 minutes to reach the ground form the tube station. Buses are available every 4 minutes. Via Wellington road taxi takes 2 minutes.
St John’s wood station lies between the Swiss cottage and Baker Street tube stations on the Jubilee line. It falls in Travelcard Zone 2.
Photo by jimbowen0306